Wednesday, June 29, 2016

MMMMMMMM Butter



A few weeks ago I came home to a shattered butter dish and 2 very guilty looking dogs. I like a funky butter dish so I was a little peeved when I stumbled upon my sassy puppies and broken funky dish. Since then we've been using a plate and I've been searching for my next great butter dish. 
Well yesterday I was at Goodwill and I spotted this plain white heavy duty beauty for just 3 bucks! I remembered I had some DecoArt paint markers for glass and though hmmmm I may be onto something here. I can create my very own butter dish!



So I washed the dish very well and then swabbed it with a little rubbing alcohol to get off any residue. The markers were so so juicy and easy to use! They were transparent but bright enough to not bother this usually opaque loving girl. I wrote the words out first, let them dry then decorated and filled in with some color! My husband always says everything is better with butter so it seemed perfect for this project! 


Once you finish drawing you let the ink set for 8 hours or more and then bake it in the oven according to the instructions on the side of the pen. Honestly this was so quick and easy I may just start breaking things left and right in the kitchen just so I can make new ones. I kid... but really it was fun. 


DecoArt makes such a great variety of wonderful products. I'm looking forward to sharing more of my ideas and projects using their many paints and other products!

Now to make supper...of course there will be butter involved.

Happy creating...
xoxo Kim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super cute! I would expect nothing less than that from you!!